Saturday, February 01, 2014

January- where did you go?

My God we are in the first week of Feb 2014 already! Where did Jan disappear to?!

I have a list of things to do as long as your arm (as usual) and I'm slowly working through them. I've been ticking things off my list that are about the new business - ali benyon designs. I've set up the new website, e mail, logo design, twitter, instagram, facebook and Mailchimp... Changing names over is actually quite a lot of hard work and very time consuming, but I think I'm slowly getting there. Please feel free to join me on all those social networking platforms...it can get quite lonely talking to yourself! Oh and I've been researching.....again. I feel like I'm ALWAYS and forever researching!!!

The E Book is coming along nicely too and I've really enjoyed getting back to writing freely. Talking of books, THE BOOK now has a release date. You will be able to buy it from all over the world (and Amazon!!) in November!! Eeek, I'm getting pretty excited now!

So down the list I ticked, until I came up to #6 Start designing 5 collections. Yippee, this is the easy bit and the most fun part! So this week I've been busy getting back to basics, turning on illustrator, drawing motifs and designing away. I've loved it, every second of it. So I think my first collection is coming together nicely - Daisy Chain. What do you think?









Look out for an upcoming, inspiring blog, featuring some amazing surface pattern designers including Rachael Taylor, Rachel Cave, Elizabeth Olwen, Honeybelle Surface Pattern Design, Jewellery and Photography, Jessica Wilde Designs, Groovity, Gillian Arnold, Rosa and Clara designs, Mel Smith and I'm hoping a few more might join us!!

5 comments: